I’ve been busy making lots of plans for some useful posts on some of the topics that I get asked the most questions about, so I’ve decided to start a “top five” series where I will research and find my five favourite beauty and fashion finds. So today I have started with one of the most common products I get asked about, concealers. I have tried to include options for different budgets and will outline below the reasons I like them so much. Happy reading!
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – this lightweight concealer gives buildable coverage with a radiant finish and is really good at covering any redness. It contains skin benefiting ingredients so isn’t drying on the skin. It is so easy to use and blend making it one of my favourites. I use the shade custard, however, there is a shade for everyone as this concealer is available in 16 shades – £23.00
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – this is a great concealer if you are looking for full coverage. It is best used over foundation or a tinted moisturiser allowing you to blend it more easily. I love to use this concealer to cover blemishes and I always carry it in my handbag for quick touch ups when needed. This concealer comes in 8 shades, however, each compact has 2 shades for you to custom mix your perfect shade – £27.50
- NYX Professional Concealer Wand – this is a great lightweight concealer at an excellent pricepoint. It is easily blendable and with 11 shades to choose from you can’t go wrong. Shades also include lavender to cover sallow skin, green to reduce the appearance of redness and yellow for under-eye darkness – £5.50
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer – this really light concealer is so easy to blend. This is one of my daily go to options and I will sometimes use it alone without foundation or tinted moisturiser on any areas that need a little coverage without looking too obvious. It also has a useful sponge applicator. I wear shade light. This is available in 2 shades – £7.99
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer – this is another concealer that offers full coverage. This is a great concealer if you like to look absolutely flawless. It is full of skin improving ingredients to help combat fine lines. This is available in 7 shades – £19.00
It is important to use the correct texture and coverage required as using a concealer that is too thick will look cakey under your eyes and crease in fine lines.
Please let me know in the comments below what beauty products you would like me to include in my “Top 5” series.